Voters choose U.S. Representatives every 2 years. There are 5 U.S. Representatives from Oregon. You vote for 1 in your district.
- Represent Oregonians from their district in U.S. government
- Create U.S. laws
- Vote on U.S. laws and budget
US Representative, 3rd District
Marc W Koller – Independent, Progressive, Pacific Green
Earl Blumenauer* – Democrat
Gary Lyndon Dye – Libertarian
Michael Marsh – Constitution
Tom Harrison* – Republican
*Means that candidate chose not to submit a voting guide statement.
City where I live: Toms River, NJ
Skills: I have worked as a labor union organizer, criminal defense consultant, advisor to foreign diplomats, hotel manager, and advised a town on medical marijuana. I am also a Rastafari Ordained Minister. My skills make it easy to help people.
3 things I will do if I win:
1. Marijuana helps sick people. It should be legal for everyone. Pot is good. I use medical marijuana for my own health.
2. Women should have the right to abortion. The government must respect women and LGBT people as equal human beings with rights.
3. Everyone needs civil rights. We need better civil rights laws to help protect people with disabilities and raise the cash amount paid for SSI and SSDI payments, while making the application process faster and more friendly to people.