Judge of the Oregon Tax Court Overview:
Voters choose a Judge of the Oregon Tax Court every 6 years.
- Rules on issues related to state tax law
- Appoints magistrates to make decisions
- Rules when someone appeals a magistrate’s decision
All Candidates for Judge of the Oregon Tax Court:
City where I live: Portland
Skills: I have been the Judge of the Oregon Tax Court since January 1, 2018. Before that, I was a tax lawyer for 25 years. I graduated from Willamette University in 1984, and I graduated from law school in Illinois in 1992.
3 things I will do if I win:
1. I believe in a fair trial for everyone who has a tax case.
2. I will make sure Oregonians can have a fair trial in the Tax Court if they need it.
3. I will follow the US Constitution and the Oregon Constitution when I decide Oregon tax cases.